Mann Tek Safety Break-Away Couplings are designed to seal off flow and break apart under the stress of a hose pull away or other excessive load incident. Marine grade and Industrial grade versions are offered. Install on loading racks, for bulk loading, tankers and rail applications to significantly reduce spills and damage to equipment. Both segments are valved to reduce spillage from the hose and pipeline. Break away couplings significantly reduce the risk of environmental hazards, equipment damage, and potential operator injury. Breaking-bolt type means that the bolts are designed to shear and release under stress. Available in stainless steel and aluminum.
- Available from 2″ to 6″ in female or male NPT and 2″ to 8″ sizes in 150# flange connection
- 360 PSI in stainless steel, 230 PSI in aluminum (at ambient temperature)
- Non-valved break-away couplings are available for non-hazardous applications
- Available in 316 stainless steel and aluminum (with FKM seals)
- Marine grade stainless steel version is designed for use between two hoses
- BSP, DIN, TTMA, and other configurations available by special order
WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm. Visit www.P65warnings.ca.gov for additional information.
Per Section 1417 of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) use Lead free parts in all consumable water applications. Lead free refers to the wetted surface of pipes, fittings and fixtures in potable water systems that have a weighted average lead content = 0.25%. Source: California Health & Safety Code (116875). Vermont Act 193*171NLF